’Sup, d00d? 35029 posts

Joined 14 June 2010 @ 3:02pm
Master

@
@

This is the only one true place that I've missed chatting with folks. Despite trying a bunch of new forums (GameFAQs *shudder*), it's simply not the same as Kami. Even though this is a Mortal Kombat fansite, this was a great place for other interests even if you didn't like MK at all. I'm aware that things simply change, but still, I miss you all.

Joined 1 February 2007 @ 7:58am
Master

@
@

Yeah, this site really had an overall good community. It is truly disappointing to see the activity levels fall by the wayside, considering the great deal of effort everyone had put in to bring it to where it is today. I don't have as much time for forums as I did way back when, but I do get on Xbox and plod around at times. I think a link to my account there is in the sig.

Joined 10 May 2007 @ 3:17am
Champion

@
@

Hello everyone, long long time no see, the website looks great! but seems to be dead?
Mr.G, are you Veljo? Remember me?
WE need to bring this community back to life!!

Be happy with what God gave you, and use it to reach your maximum potential...or in my words; "give everything you do a viciously strong effort!"

Master

@
@

Nah, Mortal Wombat is Veljo. I used the name Gudnyte for awhile.

Champion

@
@

I came back here to see what's going on because I was thinking of those old days when I was super active here, man I loved those times! How can we bring this community back? I am onboard with doing so.
I am only interested in MK discussion though and I hate what WB games are doing to our beloved series.

Be happy with what God gave you, and use it to reach your maximum potential...or in my words; "give everything you do a viciously strong effort!"

Joined 1 February 2007 @ 2:25am
Godlike

@
@

Got a new tattoo yesterday. Bled like a little bitch, but was worth it after all. Coming closer to having a full sleeve done.

Master

@
@

Warrior wrote:

I came back here to see what's going on because I was thinking of those old days when I was super active here, man I loved those times! How can we bring this community back? I am onboard with doing so.
I am only interested in MK discussion though and I hate what WB games are doing to our beloved series.

I mean, to be fair, the last 2 Mortal Kombat games had the WB name on 'em and are better in nearly every conceivable way than the last 2 pieces of shit games that had the Mortal Kombat logo on 'em.

Akira wrote:

Got a new tattoo yesterday. Bled like a little bitch, but was worth it after all. Coming closer to having a full sleeve done.

Cool tat dude, been lookin' at getting something soon. Wife already has a large one on one of her arms and one of her legs. Just haven't found something I like enough yet.

Joined 14 June 2010 @ 3:02pm
Master

@
@

Akira wrote:

Wowee. Really cool!

I actually got my first tattoo a couple months ago. I'll try posting a picture later.

Joined 28 January 2007 @ 12:20pm
Godlike

@
@

Mr. G wrote:

Well enough. Kinda wanna get this next bit off my mind, though.

Anyone here hear from any of the older users from Kamidogu's time of flourishing, when there were multiple sites within the same fandom with similar userbases (Fuzz's site and MKOutworld)? I know MSN messenger got replaced with Skype, and I admittedly haven't signed into my old handle in so long. I think I only have access to the gudtymez922@yahoo one, but it occurs to me that an opportunity to reconnect with old friends from these sites may be fading. Not to knock Chris's work here, he's done a tremendous thing with this site--it's just an absolute shame that the trends of social media have kind of turned fan-based forums into a relic in the span of a few years. This is the only site I know to visit where there's a chance people like XpArTy, Cleric, Subfocus, Suz, Ant, Akira, Randa, Misfit, liono, Crispy, OP, and... (well f**k me, I can't seem to remember a whole lot of other names--if we talked a lot back then and I missed you I'm sorry D:) might see this post. Somehow, Vultyrex and Mikemetroid and I have been able to keep in touch on Facebook. If anyone back from our 'stupid little internet clique' would like to keep in touch feel free to either PM me on here or the skype handle I mentioned earlier. I'm not on all the time, but I'll try to check every so often. Only other contact method I'm really comfortable with putting on here is my XBL GT on my sig below, but IIRC most of y'all are PC or Sony purchasers. Ciao.

We still have a Skype group (been runnjng with it for years now) with a few people like shiro, Steve, Jay, osf, etc. Just add Suzonri and ill add you to that group. Admittingly i havent been here in months but its good to see some people posting. Also too bad you don't have a ps4 gud, we all play overwatch and having you would have been a blast.

Godlike

@
@

Happy Holidays everybody! <3

Joined 7 July 2008 @ 4:26pm
Master

@
@

You know, I suddenly missed this site. I missed the days back when I was in high school, waiting for the bell to ring so I can go come and hang around with the people here. We had good times even though I only know you guys by your handles and goddammit I miss chat, I miss fooling around with everyone and I miss the days when the site was active as hell. Well, sometimes change sucks, but I wish I could relive the good old days.

I am thou, thou art I.

Joined 7 July 2008 @ 4:26pm
Master

@
@

You know, I suddenly missed this site. I missed the days back when I was in high school, waiting for the bell to ring so I can go come and hang around with the people here. We had good times even though I only know you guys by your handles and goddammit I miss chat, I miss fooling around with everyone and I miss the days when the site was active as hell. Well, sometimes change sucks, but I wish I could relive the good old days.

I am thou, thou art I.

Champion

@
@

Mr. G wrote:

Warrior wrote:

I mean, to be fair, the last 2 Mortal Kombat games had the WB name on 'em and are better in nearly every conceivable way than the last 2 pieces of shit games that had the Mortal Kombat logo on 'em.

Yeah lol, I'm one of those very few people who preferred MK the old way, I hate that these nobody's (Cassie, Jackie, Kenshi's son, kung lao ripoff) have pushed the old mk characters aside and taken up the pedestal, like they are being forced on us.

I forgot to mention that just over a year ago I became a dad :)
I had a son and named him Asher, my biggest achievement! I could have mentioned it here if we were still active

Master

@
@

Chris, I read your social media post. Regardless of what decision you make when it comes to Kamidogu's future, I think you need to decide what's best for you first and foremost. I know you and I don't see eye-to-eye on everything, and I'm sure that my opinion is not the most important qualifier for what you choose to do next. Just know that your efforts at keeping this community of outcasts from outworld, informer, and kamidogu of old a place to chat has not gone unnoticed. Unfortunately, I think the window has closed with catching up with some of our old friends here. You did what most of the other admins from that day could not--and persevered. Kudos to you.

Joined 24 June 2011 @ 1:03pm
Champion

@
@

Hi everyone. Hope you all are having a pleasant start to 2018.

I also saw the post on Twitter, and it truly resonated within me. So much so, that I had to stop back by for a quick hello. I've found myself thinking lately about my involvement in this community and how nice those memories of my time here have been, though I, and many others, have become inactive. Times change and life continues to move forward. It's bittersweet. But all of those memories and experiences endure and I recall each moment so fondly. It's something I'll always be grateful for. Looking at Kami now and seeing once lively forums vacant is disheartening. But the records of vivid discussions, inside jokes, and fun are all still preserved here, suspended in time. The painstakingly detailed and meticulous site design is still present. The effort that went into the strategy guides and various other media are evident. It's all here, all those pieces of things that made me and so many other happy. The passion here still burns bright amongst the quietness.

I suppose ultimately my intention here is to express my thankfulness for my being in this community and for the happiness my time here brought me. With social media and the way we connect with others online taking different avenues since Kami's inception, it is likely that the end of using this type of platform for discourse may be inevitable. But what we take away from our time here while this site was thriving is what is relevant. For me, Kami was life changing in many ways and I credit my involvement here for laying much of the foundation for the person I am today. And I'll always be grateful.

Joined 19 May 2008 @ 5:56am
Master

@
@

Hey Mustang, that was really well written.

What can I say? Kami feels like the sad ending of Angel Beats.

Thanks for the good times everyone, and thanks ST for all the years of effort you put into this home of ours. :)

Joined 28 February 2011 @ 5:15pm
Master

@
@

I miss you all! To add on to what Mustang said, I wanna thank you all for all the good times. This site definitely shaped the kind of person I am today and without it, IDK how I would've been. I miss you all, I miss the arguments, the conversations about random shit, the chatroom, the family dynamic and everything. It feels like just yesterday we were all talking.

Anyway, if anyone has Dragonball FighterZ, or plans on buying it, we should definitely play!!!

When you see y(our) girl posting selfies from my bed on Instagram

Joined 18 June 2008 @ 11:52am
Master

@
@

Got high today and wanted to see if the site was up. :cool: A lot has changed since this place saw traffic. Not just with me or us in general, but it almost feels like we're in a different world now, ya know? I miss those old days before I had to work all the freaking time. Back when I was just a confused queer kid that enjoyed drama a little too much. When I'd make shitty sigs for people in photoshop with MSN chat open, always listening to Lady Gaga or something. I still can't help but think of this place when I hear Poker Face... or anything from ten years ago for that matter. This place meant a lot to me back then. I only wish I was a little older when I frequented here, or at least more mature. I was a little shit, including up to a few years ago when I insulted the woman who played Sonya in MK3. Not one of my finer moments, to say the least. I can't even bare to imagine what else is still in my post history that had not been deleted. But I'm doing better now, learning to not let my anger dictate who I am. Recently I've been trying to get back into drawing, and I'm thinking about taking some classes for animation soon. I miss you guys!! This place used to be my home away from home, and it never would have been that way without every person that regularly posted here in places like Sup d00d and the old chat rooms. You were my family, and although I'm not proud of who I was back then, I will never forget you guys. If I never post in Kami again, thank you for everything.

If anyone wants to chat, my Discord is DeeLoPurple #2788.

P.S. If nothing else... these are my legacy! ~> |-) :wow: :nod: :laugh:

Joined 1 February 2011 @ 2:13am
Champion

@
@

Decided to check on this place again, it seems completely inactive though. I wish I could remember most of the people that posted here with me around 2011-2012 and frequented the chat room, but I can only remember a couple of them. Easily one of my all-time favorite forums though. Thanks guys! :doh:

Godlike

@
@

Alright, since everyone's being sentimental in this thread right now, I'm gonna add my two cents into the bowl.

I spent "the best time of my life" (my teen/formative years or whatever) around this place. I had no friends, was an outcast at school (unlike I claimed back then) and all I wanted all day while being at school is to come home and hang out with people I shared intrests with and could talk to. Many of you guys shaped many a character trait of mine, be it the outlook on life, musical preferences, even the way I'm presenting myself towards other people; Akira, back in the day, represented the persona I desired to be in real life. I had the opportunity to be just the way I wanted to be, regardless of what I looked like or what my social status was. I recall being nominated for being best staff member at a seasonal award and being legitimately f**king happy about it. People around here gave me the feeling of being liked, admired or whatever; a sentiment I was unable to feel in real life.

This place really was a sort of second upbringing for me (especially considering my parents failed at that horribly). Kami got me in all this graphics and webdesign bullshit, with which I earn my money nowadays; some 11 years later. I remember sketching out plans for potential redesigns for Kami with Veljo on MSN early in the mornings (in my timezone at least). I remember my first ever all-nighter in my life which I spent with many of you guys on MSN, after which I passed out on my keyboard and slept until the afternoon. I remember the amounts of times I skipped school just to play Team Fortress 2 with Sock, Suz and Azn. I may have gotten into trouble because but w/e, f**k it. Many of you shaped my music tastes, a lot of which persist until today (particularly looking at you Crohnyk and Anthracks). Hell, it even got my english skills to the point at which they are now (albeit them being kinda rusty right now).

Just basic everyday things that concerned me, I always had someone I could talk to, even though it might have been "just internet friendship" or whatever but nevertheless, it was real and I'm really thankful for that. That and all the other great things I got to experience in this magical place (oh god the cheesyness).

I'm writing this kinda late at night, with a couple beers in my system, extremely exhausted after a long day at work with my phone battery dying, but I just wanted to get this off of my chest:

Thank you everyone who made this place so f**king special for me; If Kami's swan song is about to be played, I just want everyone to know that you guys are really f**king special to me and I still think about all the shit we've done on the forums/chat/msn/wherever and it would be a pity if we all suddenly lost contact.

I really f**king appreciate you all.