’Sup, d00d? 35030 posts

Joined 14 June 2010 @ 3:02pm
Master

@
@

Wow. If this really is the end, then I want to give a big thank you to everyone who made this nobody welcomed. Frankly, nothing has since replaced this site when it comes to chatting with folk. As I'm approaching 30, I recently had a realization that, despite accomplishing pretty much nothing in my life, talking to others on this site really perked me up when I was feeling blue.

If anyone has any recommendations on any possible replacements for shootin' the breeze, please let me know.

Joined 19 May 2008 @ 5:56am
Master

@
@

I may as well add that I now have a twitter account which should be in my contact info just in case anyone wants to keep in touch but doesn't use Skype or FB.

Joined 1 February 2007 @ 2:25am
Godlike

@
@

Just went through my old Photobucket account and found some gems from back in the day, heck yeah. Also: procrastinating @ work.

Joined 1 February 2007 @ 7:58am
Master

@
@

Lot of changes coming up soon. Lost a close family member, and looking to switch to third shift for work. Been spendin' my free time playing Sea of Thieves, Overwatch and now Far Cry 5. Finished up season 1 of Jessica Jones, been trying to stay caught up on Ash vs Evil Dead. Cheers.

Godlike

@
@

Gonna move to a new apartment in a couple weeks. Pretty stoked about that.

Joined 8 March 2008 @ 1:01pm
Champion

@
@

I’ve been making the rounds of all the old forums I used to visit because I’m feeling nostalgic and miss the old days of the chat room.

Has it really been 10 years since I joined? I miss the days of skipping school to post in here and stay in the chat room because that was when most of the board was active :laugh:

Godlike

@
@

Typing this post from my new apartment. Same city, still feels different enough to be exciting. If that made any sense.

Joined 20 April 2008 @ 3:23pm
Master

@
@

I was just wondering what was going on here... I kinda miss this place.

Replaced my blood for iced tea.

Godlike

@
@

Going to see Meshuggah tomorrow for the first time in my life. Hella excited.

Joined 17 April 2011 @ 1:39am
Champion

@
@

Mustang wrote:
20 January 2018 @ 2:24pm
Hi everyone. Hope you all are having a pleasant start to 2018.

I also saw the post on Twitter, and it truly resonated within me. So much so, that I had to stop back by for a quick hello. I've found myself thinking lately about my involvement in this community and how nice those memories of my time here have been, though I, and many others, have become inactive. Times change and life continues to move forward. It's bittersweet. But all of those memories and experiences endure and I recall each moment so fondly. It's something I'll always be grateful for. Looking at Kami now and seeing once lively forums vacant is disheartening. But the records of vivid discussions, inside jokes, and fun are all still preserved here, suspended in time. The painstakingly detailed and meticulous site design is still present. The effort that went into the strategy guides and various other media are evident. It's all here, all those pieces of things that made me and so many other happy. The passion here still burns bright amongst the quietness.

I suppose ultimately my intention here is to express my thankfulness for my being in this community and for the happiness my time here brought me. With social media and the way we connect with others online taking different avenues since Kami's inception, it is likely that the end of using this type of platform for discourse may be inevitable. But what we take away from our time here while this site was thriving is what is relevant. For me, Kami was life changing in many ways and I credit my involvement here for laying much of the foundation for the person I am today. And I'll always be grateful.
I'm just now seeing this.
I didn't see the twitter post mentioned but I got curious as to the status of the forum and decided to pay a visit. I can still remember how back in the day I would spend all of my web browsing going to fan sites and forums. Many of them have long since shut down due to financial troubles or people just moving on to other things. Only a handful of forums kept me coming back, with Kamidogu being number one.

I remember seeing posts advertising this place and how cool it was when it first went online. I lurked for most of its early years but I finally got around to joining around the time of MK9's release and I don't ever regret it. Although it seems I came aboard at the height of the forums user traffic and popularity I still managed to interact with interesting people and have fun. I even made some friends. My post count may not reflect much involvement but that's because I kept to myself a lot. It sucks seeing this place as quiet as it is.

There's not much more I can say that Mustang's post didn't cover. What I do want to say is this. A recent passing of an online friend got me wondering about how we communicate with one another, how we stay in touch, and how we lose touch. With that in mind I'd like to thank everyone I've ever met here for playing a part in my time here (I apologize for any knucklehead behavior). With whatever happens down the road to this forum, whatever happens with your lives, I wish you all the best.

For those of you curious of my whereabouts in recent times I'm largely active on twitter. My twitter handle will be in my bio after this post. Be warned, my activities there mostly involve retweeting all kinds of art. ALL KINDS. I have a facebook but I usually go months until I care enough about it to try and remember my password. I'm on PSN 82 hours a day, that info plus my Nintendo Network ID will be in my bio. Lastly there's my crypt of a YouTube channel. I made it way back around 2008 and I log in once every few years. It's nothing special but I plan on cleaning it up to start a gaming channel soon. That info will eventually be in my bio as well.

Hasta luego Kami, cuidence.