Champion
Canada
25 Years Old
Male
Kotal Kahn Theme

8 June 2017 @ 1:48pm
8 Jun 2017 @ 1:48pm

Well hello people! :grin:

Does anybody have any knowledge as to what the hell happened to Mortal Kombat: Generations? They announced the web-series back in 2015, and it was supposed to take place in the Mortal Kombat X timeline. Shooting for the series was completed and we got a decent amount of set photos as a tease. Some of the actors from the Legacy mini-series had returned, including Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung! My favorite new addition was Ray Park (the famous Darth Maul) cast as Erron Black. We haven't seen him in the MK world since he was a stunt-double for Raiden in Annihilation.

There were articles all over the place stating that it was to be released in 2016. There was also a large rumor spreading that it was slated to be released with Mortal Kombat X DLC - Kombat Pack 2. Nothing ever happened. We were never given a trailer. We were never given another tease. Furthermore, not a single word has been said. From what I understand, director Garret Warren had completed filming, composer Jesper Kyd had finished the score... What the hell happened? I've been searching all around for an update. I've reached out to Garrett Warren and even Ed Boon for a possible update. Nada.

Really a shame. Anybody ever hear anything? Lastly, what were your expectations, were y'all excited as well? We've been given a few updates in regards to the movie remake. James Wan is producing, the director is Simon McQuoid (who has directed live-action PlayStation commercials). There was an interview with Christopher Lambert (played Rayden in the 1995 film) not all THAT long ago too. He said the next film is actually a sequel and will be made in a very different way; time travel will play a heavy component. But.. I'm not so sure that is entirely accurate nowadays lol. Not from last we heard. Anyway, let me know your thoughts on all of this! I'm still waiting for a miracle to happen, lol

-Fenix

Fenix

2366 Posts
Canada

24 October 2017 @ 1:31pm
24 Oct 2017

Joined 31 Jan 07
2366 Posts
Champion
Canada
25 Years Old
Male
Kotal Kahn Theme

24 October 2017 @ 1:31pm
24 Oct 2017 @ 1:31pm

*bump*

Please excuse my double-post. Despite how it seemed rather obvious, I regret to inform everyone it seems MK: Generations has indeed been cancelled afterall
Lewis Tan, the actor who portrayed Kung Jin replied back to me on Twitter
All scenes had been shot and everything. This is saddening :frown:

-Fenix