Mortal Kombat 1’s beta is only a few days away from being unleashed, and we aren’t the only ones eager to get our hands on it.
Set to run from Friday 18 August (8am PDT / 11am EDT) until Monday 21 August (8am PDT / 11am EDT), the beta will feature six playable kombatants (Liu Kang, Sub-Zero, Kenshi, Kitana, Johnny Cage and Li Mei) and four Kameo fighters (Kano, Sonya, Jax and Frost). Johnny Cage’s Mansion and the Fengjian Teahouse will be the two arenas in which players can do battle. Unfortunately the beta is limited to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S platforms, with Switch and PC players set to miss out.
In order to participate in the beta you must have pre-ordered either a Standard, Premium or Kollector’s Edition of Mortal Kombat 1. If your retailer hasn’t provided a code to you by now, please reach out to them as soon as possible (some will not hand out codes until closer to the date). With this code in hand, please follow the steps below to claim your platform specific redemption code:
- Open a web browser and go to account.wbgames.com.
- Log into your WB Games account if you are an existing account holder, otherwise register a free account.
- Once you have logged in, click Playtests in the menu, or go to account.wbgames.com/betas.
- Enter the unique alphanumerical code given to you by your retailer, then click Redeem.
- Select the platform you are redeeming for (either PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S), then proceed.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to link your PSN or Xbox account to your WB Games account.
- Use the newly provided redemption code in either the PlayStation Store or Xbox Marketplace to claim a copy of the Mortal Kombat 1 pre-order beta.
Please note that at the time of writing the pre-order beta is not yet available for redemption. Players can redeem and begin downloading the beta from August 15 (8am PDT / 11am EDT). If you have previously linked your PSN or Xbox account and it is refusing to re-link, select Connections from the menu, disconnect it and then start over from step 3.
If you pre-ordered digitally, no further action is required on your part. So long as you are signed into your WB Games account you will automatically receive access to the beta once it goes live.
The team at NetherRealm Studios have been busy polishing the title ahead of its release next month and are hard at work implementing numerous gameplay changes following kommunity feedback. Mortal Kombat 1 is shaping up to be an incredible instalment in the Mortal Kombat franchise. September can’t come soon enough!
Are you ready to play some Mortal Kombat 1 and kick some ass? Be sure to join our incredible kommunity by joining our Discord server and following us on our social media accounts, which include X, Instagram, Threads and YouTube.